- The call comes in… “911, what is your emergency?” On the other end is a panicked response of “FIRE!” Moments later you don the protective suits that will keep you alive, gather your equipment and rush to the scene of a blazing inferno. The team has only seconds to assess the situation and devise a plan of attack – then you spring into action like the trained professionals that you are. You must face your fears, never give up, and above all else work as a team because the fire is raging, the building is threatening to collapse, and lives are in danger.
- You must succeed. You are the brave men and women of fire rescue; people are depending on you. This is what you do every day.
- Flash Point: Fire Rescue is a cooperative game of fire rescue.
- There are two versions of game play in Flash Point, a basic game and expert game.
In both variants, players are attempting to rescue 7 of 10 victims from a raging building fire.
As the players attempt to rescue the victims, the fire spreads to other parts of the building, causing structural damage and possibly blocking off pathways through the building. Each turn a player may spend action points to try to extinguish fires, move through the building, move victims out of the building or perform various special actions such as moving emergency vehicles. If 4 victims perish in the blaze or the building collapses from taking too much structural damage, the players lose. Otherwise, the players win instantly when they rescue a 7th victim.
- The expert variant included in the game adds thematic elements such as flash over, combustible materials, random setup, and variations on game difficulty from novice to heroic. The game includes a double sided board with two different building plans and several expansion maps are available.
1/13: Family game 1/18: Experienced game
2/10: Tragic Events expansion
- Flash Point: Fire Rescue – Tragic Events is an expansion for Flash Point: Fire Rescue, a cooperative game for 1-6 players that plays in 45 minutes.
- Tragic Events includes the Fire & Event decks that are designed to replace the Hot Spot mechanic in the Experienced game rules and add exciting new “events” to make each game of Flash Point even more unique. This expansion also includes three specialists, each with their own mini: Strategist, Suppression Specialist, and Fire Prevention Specialist.
- Can’t get enough firefighting fun? Urban Structures is an expansion pack for Flash Point: Fire Rescue that adds more exciting ways to enjoy your favorite firefighting game.
- Urban Structures contains a double sided mounted game board, each side is a different building – The High Rise and The Brownstone. This expansion also includes the Structural Engineer specialist card, and additional map specific rules with variants and scenarios for both the expansion and the base game.
4/14: 2nd Story
- Flash Point: Fire Rescue – 2nd Story, is the second expansion pack for Flash Point: Fire Rescue. Inside you will find two double-sided mounted game boards and a counter sheet that contains ladders, windows, an explosion marker, and more. Each game board represents one floor of a building, and the player firefighters will need to cover more area in this expansion to keep things under control. Ladders and stairs provide access to the upper building level, and windows let firefighters enter and leave the building without causing structural damage.
5/12: Veteran & Rescue Dog
- The Veteran and Rescue Dog are promotional characters originally given to backers of the Flash Point: Fire Rescue – Extreme Danger Kickstarter campaign, but are now available for purchase. Both characters come with a character card and a unique miniature.
- The Veteran is a more experienced firefighter who can avoid being knocked down and help near by firefighters by giving them extra action points.
- The Rescue Dog is limited to only a few actions but has more action points to spend.
6/9: Extreme Danger
Includes two full sized game boards (two story Laboratory & Garage), a half sized game board (the attic & basement that can be added to either the Laboratory or Garage, and can also be combined with the boards in 2nd Story for three levels of firefighting). Extreme Danger also includes 9 miniatures (one for each of the specialists), and colored bases for those. New gameplay features include fireproof doors, explosive objects, dangerous objects/chemical spills.
7/14: Dangerous Waters
- Flash Point: Fire Rescue – Dangerous Waters takes the firefighting experience to – and below – the seas.
- This expansion for Flash Point: Fire Rescue includes two double-sided half boards (similar to those in the 2nd Story expansion) that represent a ship on one side and a part of a submarine on the other. The interior of the ship features an engine room, cabins and heat-conducting steel walls on a 6×8 game board, while the submarine is an elongated 3×16 game board that features victims who can’t just leap out of a window to safety – and who might be in danger even within the sick bay.
8/11: Honor & Duty
- Flash Point: Fire Rescue – Honor & Duty, an expansion for Flash Point: Fire Rescue, consists of a double-sided game board that features an airplane fire on one side and a subway station disaster on the opposite side. Also included are several new game markers and detailed instructions for playing with these new materials.
- The first edition of this game, sold via Kickstarter, includes a new specialist card, the Fire Prevention Officer, and a double-side game board with an alternative attic and basement layouts; these items will not be included in the retail edition of this expansion.
- Honor & Duty requires the Flash Point: Fire Rescue base game, and the attic/basement game board also requires the Extreme Danger or the 2nd Story expansion.