From November 1st through December 21st Alterniverse Comics will be collecting NEW UNWRAPPED toys to be distributed amongst needy children in Dutchess County through the US Marine Corps Reserve Toys For Tots program.
On Saturday, December 7th from noon until 6PM we will be having a celebration with a live DJ, refreshments, comic book artists and much, much more.
The guest list includes (subject to change):
- David Rodriguez, designer of the Skylanders figurines for Activision
- Jeff Bellio, comic artist for the children’s comic Finding Gossamyr and designer of the Skylanders figurines for Activision
- Ryan Browne, comic artist who designed and drew the Alterniverse comic cover and zombie artist
- Christian St. Pierre, comic artist for Black: The King is Dead and Bonita & Clyde
- Richard Clarke, comic artist for House of Gold and Bones
- Mark McKenna, comic artist for Iron Man, Flash, Amazing Spiderman, and much more
- Nikkol Jelenic, PLB Comics featured artist
- Nikki Holister, actress from Men In Black 3, The Brain Hunter, The Curse of Ba’al
- Joe Bozlinski, author of The Autumn Gray and The Honorable Dark
- Superior Spiderman will also be swinging his way to the Celebration
- Firefighter Jeff Moseman will be here. Get your child’s picture taken with a true hero.
- New York State Police dog handler will be here with their extremely lovable bloodhound
- DJ Caleb will be providing live music throughout the day
Of course, what would a Toys for Tots celebration without MARINES? Anyone wishing to have a picture taken with the Marines please bring your cameras.
Everyone in attendance should bring a NEW UNWRAPPED toy for the Toys for Tots program. Each unwrapped toy you donate, you will earn an entry into a raffle.
For adults 21+, bring in a NEW UNWRAPPED toy and you will receive a ticket for $2 off a $10 bottle of wine at Terri’s Wine and Spirits, located right next door.
We have had a lot of success with this the last 3 years, and hope to do so again.
For over 65 years the U. S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program, Marines have distributed more than 400 million toys to more than 188 million needy children.
This charitable endeavor has made U. S. Marines the unchallenged leader in looking after less fortunate children at Christmas.